Perfect imperfection.

This room was featured on Design*Sponge earlier in the week and it has my design wheels turning. I’m probably not going to start ripping up walls this weekend, but I am inspired by how put together this “unfinished” style looks. I’m a symmetry queen, a piles and stacks addict, and need everything to be evenly space and squared off. Perhaps a little haphazard-ness is needed to soften decor though, that’s what drew me to this room after all. What do you think? Do you like this look?

Check out  the rest of the house tour on Design*Sponge.

8 responses to “Perfect imperfection.

1. Johanna January 19, 2011 at 8:58 am

I saw this and fell in love. It reminds me of the place Julia stayed in Italy in Eat, Pray, Love. Rustic, antique and modern all in one. The perfect place to read a stack of magazines!

2. Crazy Agnus January 19, 2011 at 9:40 am

I honestly don’t know! I like it but I don’t love it…if that makes sense! Maybe if the walls wern’t yellow, maybe if they were a spiderweb-brown or a pale tan I would like it better!?

3. Jaime @ la vie...j'aime January 19, 2011 at 10:58 am

I love it…so unique. I adore the little ottoman too.

4. Navya January 19, 2011 at 11:27 am

I actually love this. It looks like an anthro display. It actually looks exactly like my sisters old apartment – except hers had red walls, you would have loved it!

5. Morgan G January 19, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Ah! Thank you for this! I, too, have a serious symmetry problem (and a problem with liking things in threes, despite the bad luck connotation). I really like this room – casual, yet put together – and very asymmetrical. The best thing about it? It looks like someone actually lives there.

6. joAnn January 19, 2011 at 1:14 pm

certainly something different! i am like you…i like everything just so. the fact that i sit in an unfinished office kills me…

xo,
    joAnn @ i’d rather be shopping

7. Kristin January 19, 2011 at 5:46 pm

That IS pretty bad arse looking!

8. Poppy January 21, 2011 at 5:42 pm

I love this look, I like to call it messy chic. The problem is I’m to anal retentive to live in messy chic.