Summer Entertaining Essentials with Sequins & Stripes.

Some of my favorite bloggers are sharing their summer entertaining essentials for being a savvy hostess this season, up next in the series is the lovely Liz of Sequins & Stripes…

Hi there! It’s Liz from the fashion and style blog, Sequins & Stripes, and I am thrilled to be here today sharing some of my go-to’s for easy summer entertaining. Because the summer months tend to be crazy busy, impromptu parties are usually the easiest to throw together and the most fun to create. I like to keep a few pieces constantly stocked in my kitchen {like these pretty paper napkins, a book of cocktail recipes, and easy decor} and add a few details to make the party feel special. This summer I dream of bringing a Palm Springs inspired girls brunch to my patio in Chicago…

Design Darling mini vases  //  Macaroons and Sweets from my favorite local bakery  //  Bottomless glasses of champagne  //  Mrs. Lilien’s Cocktail Swatchbook  //  Pretty patterned napkins  //  Kate Spade Market Street Plates  //  Bamboo Flatware  //  Pretty Design Darling topiaries for additional decor  //  Society Social Fifi Chairs for seating  //  Colorful bistro tables  //  A striped umbrella to shade my guests from the summer sun

I would request that all of my guests dress in their favorite sunnies and biggest and brightest baubles, wouldn’t that be lovely? A huge thank you to Kate for having me today! Happy summertime to everyone!

7 responses to “Summer Entertaining Essentials with Sequins & Stripes.

1. Sadie + Stella June 28, 2012 at 7:35 am

Oh how I love Liz! And I equally love her Summer soiree!

2. Mackenzie {Design Darling} June 28, 2012 at 8:47 am

This is adorable and I love seeing a few Design Darling goodies in the mix! I say we make this summer soirée a reality asap :)

3. Alyssa Loring (@alyssaloring) June 28, 2012 at 10:29 am

LOVE the combo of that umbrella, those chairs, and that table! Adorable.

4. Sam June 28, 2012 at 10:31 am

I’ve got my baubles ready….I want to come to this soiree!!

5. Julie (@JulieLeah) June 28, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Love this post, Liz! Perfectly summery :) That Kate Spade china is one of my favorite patterns and goes perfectly with all the other details you’ve added. I must, must get my hands on the Mrs. Lilien book – so much fun to be had! Great post, lady!! xoxoxo

6. Katrina June 28, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Ah, thanks for making me wish I could get a good macaroon around here! :-)

7. Lauren June 29, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Great picks! I love the striped umbrella!