Grilled Cheese Tasting.

A few weeks ago when we were in Maine for a wedding, we hanging around the rental cottage for the ‘after-after party’ and a cousin of the groom started whipping up grilled cheeses with the local blueberry jams that had come in our welcome bags. I have since been dreaming about this late-night snack and realized all of the untapped potential of grilled cheese experiments. So I set to work this weekend to test some gourmet grilled cheese recipes that would be perfect for a grilled cheese bar at a casual party, or served bite-size as an appetizer.

Grilled Cheese Bar Ingredients

Are you ready for these pairings? First up, I recreated my late night inspiration with sharp English cheddar and wild blueberry jam (this one is still my favorite!). For a savory sandwich I combined goat cheese with cracked black pepper and fresh green chives (this won the husband vote). And for the most unique combination, I used a french brie, drizzled with honey, and topped with some sweet raisins.  My cast iron skillet was  pumping out these crusty, buttery little treats and we had quite the Saturday taste-testing all of my concoctions — I’m definitely using this idea for some simple entertaining with friends!

Grilled Cheese Bar AssemblyGrilled Cheese BarGrilled Cheese Bar2

9 responses to “Grilled Cheese Tasting.

1. Jaime Lynn (@laviejaime) September 9, 2013 at 9:12 am

I saw a grilled cheese party on A Beautiful Mess and bookmarked for the future… such a fun idea! I bet I would love the brie concoction, and blueberry one too, that you made!

2. Mara September 9, 2013 at 9:49 am

Ummm…YUM. I want the cheddar and blueberry!

3. Hillary B. September 9, 2013 at 11:05 am

A-maze-ing, Kate! I guarantee I will drive all the way out to Boston for a casual party with a grilled cheese bar ;-)

4. Kate September 9, 2013 at 11:22 am

You’re kidding right? This is like a dream come true and a brilliant idea. Yum!

5. Alex Hubbard (@AlexHubbard) September 9, 2013 at 2:29 pm

If you could just hand over the brie sammich we’ll be cool. It looks DELIGHTFUL!

6. Monica {Cake & Lilies} September 9, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Oh my gosh, these look INCREDIBLE! You’ve officially inspired me to try more with my grilled cheese. Yum!

7. Taz September 10, 2013 at 11:16 am

Didn’t you know you aren’t allowed to do yummy things like this without me?! Looks delish!

8. krista September 10, 2013 at 7:40 pm

i want to go to there!!

9. Claire (@Kurea_San) September 12, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Looks so yummy, yet so simple. High five to the brie, honey and raisins :)