West Coast Getaway.

We’re planning a little getaway in May to San Francisco and Napa, an early anniversary celebration trip. So far we have planned a spin through the ferry building, tickets to a Giants game, a drive through the Muir woods and a must-stop at Bouchon bakery in Napa.  I got some great tips from friends on instagram, but want to hear — any good spots we should visit in San Francisco, or wineries to explore in Napa?  I’m all ears for recommendations!

20140421-205950.jpg

7 responses to “West Coast Getaway.

1. everybodylovespretty April 23, 2014 at 10:15 am

Ooo I’m super jealous!! I really want to check out San Francisco!! You guys will have an amazing time

2. Clare April 23, 2014 at 10:59 am

Alcatraz is my favorite spot to point visitors too. The audiotour is really awesome. It’s narrated by former guards and inmates.
    I’d only do the Ferry Market building on a Saturday morning. Other days (even the other farmers market days) are not that great.
    The Heath Ceramics factory in Sausalito does tours. I haven’t been on one, but I hear they’re great. And really close to Muir Woods.

826 Valencia and Paxton Gate are two excellent crazy stores next to each other in the Mission, if you feel like a bit of shopping/fish-cinema-watching.

3. katecooks April 23, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Alexis Baking Company is a must for breakfast in Napa. Get the Huevos a La Mexicana!!!!

4. monicastolbach April 23, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Round Pond Estate – They have a gorgeous terrace for tastings. Friday evenings the terrace “lounge” is open for wine by the glass & snacks (res needed). I love the Olive tour/tasting – it includes enough food (salad, cheese, bread) to call it lunch. I’ve been to Napa several times and have a ton of other recommendations. I’d be happy to send you a list if you’d like!

5. Jaime Lynn (@laviejaime) April 24, 2014 at 4:01 pm

how fun! i am dying to do a napa trip someday…hopefully soon ;)
    when i was in san fran last year, we walked down past the piers and got on a boat ride that is about an hour or so that takes you out under the golden gate bridge and around alcatraz. it was cheap, fun and a great view!

6. Alexis Avila April 27, 2014 at 10:18 pm

We visited Napa last summer and our favorite vinyards were Round Pond, Frog’s Leap, and Casa di Amoroso, and the toast of champagne from the terrace at Mum’s was spectacular.

7. the nance familia May 6, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Definitely check out the Ferry Building on Saturday, their farmers market is AWESOME. As for Napa, we went there in October and looooved Frog’s Leap. Have also heard great things about Mum’s, hoping to make it there next time! Have a great trip!