Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because of the food – of course! The past few years though the holiday that been inching up my favorites list has been friendsgiving. It seems like everyone has adopted this fun tradition, and I’m delighted that it’s become so popular. It’s another chance to indulge in tasty Thanksgiving side dishes (I love to use it as an excuse to test a new recipe that I might not normally try for actual Thanksgiving day). I also have noticed that friendsgiving tends to come with a bit more of a casual vibe than the traditional family gathering, where friends just kick back with cocktails and bites and catch up – which I am certainly on board for.Getting in that holiday mindset this week, I’m mixing up a tasty cocktail that would be perfect for casual drinks at a friendsgiving party. It starts with my favorite citrus flavor: grapefruit. I mixed up IZZE sparkling grapefruit, which has the most perfect warm pink color to it, with some fresh grapefruit citrus and sage leaves. Top the mixture with a bit of bubbly and you’ve got a gorgeous sparkling grapefruit sage mimosa that your guests will be gobbling up (yup, there’s a turkey pun in there for you!). Get the full recipe below:
- Sage Leaves
- Fresh Grapefruit
- IZZE Sparkling Grapefruit
- Prosecco or Champagne
- Sage leaves and Grapefruit slices, for garnish
- In a champagne glass, squeeze a slice of fresh grapefruit. Rub sage leaves between your fingers to release their flavors and add to the glass.
- Pour the glass halfway full with chilled IZZE sparkling grapefruit, top remaining half of the glass with cold prosecco or champagne.
- Garnish with additional sage leaves and grape fruit slices before serving.
SHOP THE POST
Please note: This post was created in partnership with IZZE. All opinions, images, and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site! And remember to please drink responsibly.