I’m open to any and all ideas to beat this August humidity! Beach days have helped, sitting my face 2 inches in front of a box fan has done the trick, and refreshing cocktails are always a good idea. This cocktail recipes can be made with or without alcohol, and is as easy as throwing all of the ingredients in the blender (an inexpensive handheld immersion blender will even do the trick if you strain it 2-3 times). The sweetness of the strawberries and the cool flavors of the mint and watermelon are so darn refreshing. I’ve been keeping a carafe of this in the fridge to sip on with tons of ice and a squeeze of fresh lime. Enjoying it through a flamingo straw is the icing on the cake! Full recipe below:
- 8 Cups of watermelon, cubed
- 1 Cup of strawberries, roughly chopped
- 2.5 Tbsp of white sugar
- Juice of 1.5 Limes (save remainder for garnish)
- 4 Mint leaves (plus more for garnishing)
- ½ Cup of water
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse to combine 1-2 minutes.
- Use a fine mesh strainer, and strain mixture to remove all remaining pulp.
- Divide into four glasses and serve with fresh mint and a twist of lime.
SHOP THE POST