After a week of vacation — i.e.: take out pizza on the beach, clam shacks, and lots of porch cocktails— I am in major need of some diet detoxing. When we arrived home from our trip, my husband and I both agreed we were in the mood for some fresh, lighter flavors to ease out of the deep-fried calorie-heavy meal plan we had been on at the beach. I sat down to write our grocery list for the week and decided the best way to do that was with some Mediterranean-inspired flavors! I wanted some grilled chicken skewers, some briny olives, crisp fresh vegetables and loads of cool and herb flavors. To get everything I wanted in one plate, I decided to make us a big mezze-style dinner platter with a little bit of all of those ingredients. To pull the whole dish together, I made a creamy yogurt sauce full of fresh herbs like dill, parsley, chives, and thyme. It was perfect for dipping crunchy radishes, asparagus and pepper slices, and I used it to drizzle over a few skewers of grilled turkey tip and veggie kabobs. Jane loves eating fluffy pita spears and dove into the dip with them too. It was just the fresh meal we needed to bounce back from vacation-mode, get the recipe below.
- ½ Cup of Plain Yogurt
- ½ Cup of Sour Cream
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Dill
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Chives
- ½ Tbsp of Fresh Thyme
- ½ Tbsp of Fresh Oregano
- 1 Large clove of garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Pitas, fresh veggies, olives, and kabobs for serving
- In a small food processor or blender, combine yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, herbs and garlic.
- Blend until fully combined, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to deepen.
- Serve with pita spears, crisp fresh veggies, olives, and kabobs.
SHOP THE POST