I was going to save this post for later in the week, assuming people were more likely to get excited about making cocktails over the weekend. It’s Monday though, and man, Mondays can be rough — a good cocktail just might be the perfect solution to send this darn Monday off into the sunset. (Side note: I think summer Mondays are the hardest because summer weekends are SO fun and awesome that they just magnify how Mondayish Mondays can be). Okay, onto cocktails! I have made this simple summer sangria on several occasions this summer and it has been a hit. It’s really tasty, like, the pitcher is magically empty in 15 minutes kind of tasty. The best part is it’s super easy to make — just chop up some fruit, add tiny bit of sugar and lemon juice, and top with white wine before chilling and serving. You can mix it up and add in whatever fruit strikes your fancy — I made one batch with some juicy pieces of watermelon, and another where I muddled in a few raspberries. Get the full recipe below, and cheers!
- 2 Cups of Cantaloupe, cubed
- 2 Large Peaches, skinned and cubed
- 1 Cup of Strawberries, stems removed and quartered
- 1 Tbsp of White Sugar
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 1 Bottle of White Wine (Sauvignon Blanc works well)
- Mint, for garnishing
- Prepare fruit and place in a large pitcher.
- Add sugar and lemon juice, use a spoon to combine the ingredients.
- Pour bottle of white wine over the fruit mixture and set in the fridge to chill.
- Divide into 6 glasses, spooning some of the fruit in each glass and garnishing with fresh mint before serving.
SHOP THE POST