Inspiration for my recipes comes from so places. I love flipping through magazines and cookbooks, perusing restaurant menus, and rethinking flavors from my childhood. The inspiration for this Grapefruit Ginger Fizz cocktail recipe though, came from a totally unique place – a perfume! I was at a book signing at a fun pop-up last week and had a few minutes to shop around the store as we wrapped up the event. I’m normally not much of a perfume person, but my eye caught a Grapefruit Ginger scent by a local company called Farm+Sea and I had to give it a try. It smelled delicious, and as I was rolling it on I commented that I loved it as a perfume but I bet I’d love it even more as a cocktail. I bought the perfume, and mixed up a batch of these Grapefruit Ginger Fizz cocktails when I got home! They taste as good as I now smell, get the recipe below. (PS: I found these amazing coupes at H&M for a steal, I love how delicate they look!)
- 4 oz. Grapefruit Juice
- 3 oz. Absolut Ruby Red Vodka
- 1.5 oz. Canton - Ginger Liqueur
- Club Soda
- Fresh Grapefruit peels
- Run a grapefruit peel around the edge of four cocktail glasses, set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine grapefruit juice, Absolut Ruby Red Vodka, Canton - Ginger Liqueur and shake well.
- Divide into the four prepared glasses and top each one with club soda; garnish with a fresh grapefruit peel
SHOP THE POST