It’s the season of summer barbecues, al fresco family get-togethers, and asking “what can I bring?” when you’re invited to summer soirees. I have a patriotic (and delicious) dessert idea that will hopefully be the answer to that question for all of your warm-weather gatherings: a no-bake cheesecake tart topped with a bounty of fresh, seasonal mixed berries. Here is why this tasty treat is such a winner — no turning on the oven! The whole thing gets made in a few short steps, starting with a crumbly graham cracker crumb crust. A few quick pulses in the food processor and pressing it into the tart pan is all you need to do to get the base of this dessert ready. Then get your electric mixer to do the heavy-lifting on the next step — whip heavy cream with sugar, vanilla, cream cheese and mascarpone for a fluffy and sweet filling that gets poured into the tart crust. Then you chill the whole thing until you’re ready to serve it, and garnish it with colorful sweet berries. Easy, tasty, and it looks like a million bucks! Get the full recipe below:
- 2 Cups of Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ⅓ Cup of Brown Sugar
- 8 Tablespoons of Butter, melted
- ⅓ Cup of Whipping Cream
- 4 Tbsp. of Sugar
- 1 Tsp. of Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz. of Cream Cheese
- 8 oz. of Mascarpone Cheese
- Mixed Berries, for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- In a small food processor, pulse the graham crackers until you have about 2 cups of crumbs. Then add the brown sugar and melted butter to the food processor and pulse a few more times until the ingredients are combined and resemble the texture of wet sand.
- Pour the graham cracker mixture into a 9” tart pan and begin pressing it down into the pan to create the crust (I use the bottom of a measuring cup to get it firmly packed down and pressed against the sides of the tart pan).
- Once the crust is firmly packed into the tart pan, place it in the fridge to chill while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl combine the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract and use a hand mixer or stand mixer with a whisk attachment to beat the cream until it begins to thicken. Once you reach a thick whipped cream texture, add in cubed pieces of the cream cheese and spoon in the mascarpone cheese. Continue to beat together until the ingredients are combined and thickened.
- Pour the filling into the chilled tart crust and smooth out the top with a spatula. Place the tart in the fridge for at least 6 hours, or ideally overnight.
- Garnish before serving with fresh berries and mint sprigs; serve chilled.
SHOP THE POST