If you have been around here for a while, you have heard me tout my love for al fresco chicken sausage. It’s a staple in our fridge for quick weeknight dinners when I don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen (a little secret about being a food blogger: when you cook all day for work sometimes the last thing you want to think about is what to make for dinner!). When my friends at al fresco chicken shared their first taste of their new line of chicken burgers I was eager to give them a try. We’ve been making an effort to cut most red meat out of our diet this year to lessen our impact on the environment, so a chicken burger swap for summer grilling was a welcome menu addition! The new chicken burgers come in three flavors: Jalapeño Cheddar, Greek Style, or Simply Seasoned. They’re all-natural, low calorie, and fully prepped so they’re ready to throw on the grill. I had to dig into the Greek style burgers first because I thought they would pair so well with the tomatoes and cucumbers bursting in my veggie garden currently. The Greek burgers come pre-seasoned with flavor from oregano, garlic and feta – yum! I wanted to play up the Greek flavors, so I cooked the burgers and served them on grilled flatbreads, topped with lettuce, sliced tomatoes, pickled red onions, feta cheese and a tzatziki-inspired sauce. The sauce combines Greek yogurt and lemon juice, sour cream, dill, parsley, garlic and chopped cucumbers. It’s got a balance of tang and cool flavors with some fresh herbal notes to tie it all together. On the side I mixed up a super simple salad of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, seasoned with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. It all tastes so summery and fresh, and my favorite part: it comes together in just a few minutes so I can get dinner on the table fast! Be sure to look out for al fresco chicken burgers coming to grocery stores soon, and scroll down for the full recipe!
- al fresco Greek Chicken Burgers
- 3 Tbsp of Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tbsp of Sour Cream
- Juice of ½ a Lemon
- 1 clove of Garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp of Cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 Cup of Cucumbers, sliced and quartered
- 1 Cup of Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, halved
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Lettuce, Tomato, Pickled Red Onions, Feta, for serving
- Preheat grill and cook chicken burgers until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- While the burgers are cooking, prepare the tzatziki-inspired sauce. Combine Greek yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, herbs and cucumbers in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and chill until ready to use.
- Prepare the tomato-cucumber salad by combining tomatoes and cucumbers in a bowl. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper; chill until ready to serve.
- Toast the flat bread on the grill and then assemble the burgers with the toppings of your choice (lettuce, tomato, pickled red onions, feta) and a dollop of the tzatziki-inspired sauce. Serve with tomato-cucumber salad on the side.
Please note: This post was created in partnership with al fresco Chicken Sausage. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site.