Baking up this sweet, fluffy summer cake full of seasonal fruit like strawberries and peaches, and tangy Hood Sour Cream (the secret ingredient for giving it tons of flavor and a rich texture!). It’s what I like to call a “snack cake” – you can grab a bite of it anytime between breakfast and dessert! Get the full recipe below:
Strawberry Peach Sour Cream Cake
- ½ Cup of Fresh Strawberries, chopped
- ½ Cup of Fresh Peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 Stick of Butter, softened
- 1 Cup of White Sugar, divided
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup of Hood Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon of Almond Extract
- 2 Cups of Flour, plus more for dusting
- 1.5 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- Preheat Oven To 350°F, lightly grease an 8x10 baking dish and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together one stick of softened butter, ¾ cup of white sugar, and eggs/ Add in Hood sour cream and vanilla extract to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda, and fold into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased baking dish, and top with strawberries and peaches. Sprinkle the top of the cake with the remaining ¼ cup of white sugar.
- Bake the cake at 350°F for 30-35 Minutes; insert a toothpick in center of the cake to test doneness. If the toothpick comes out clean, remove the cake from the oven. Let the cake cool completely before cutting into square pieces.
Please note: This post was created in partnership with Hood. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site.