A trip to Texas this past spring turned me on to jalapeño margaritas, and a recent dinner at Besito put watermelon margaritas on my mind. When Breville sent me one of their powerful blenders to try I thought this was the perfect time to combine the two! It’s got the tang of lime, the heat from the jalepeno-infused tequila, sweetness from a bit of agave, and the pureed watermelon gives you a majorly refreshing taste. I blended up a big batch, which was helpful since they were so tasty they disappeared fast. Now, the real question is, how have I lived this long without a blender in my life? Full recipe for your own summer-cocktail enjoyment below!
- ⅓-1/2 Cups of Jalapeño-infused Tequila
- 3 Cups small-cubed Watermelon
- 4-5 Cups of Ice
- ⅓ Cup of Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp of Agave
- Infuse tequila the night before, slice one jalapeño and leave it a bottle of tequila overnight.
- Combine all ingredients and blend for 60 seconds.
- Pour into 4 glasses and garnish with slices of jalapeño, lime and watermelon!
Please note: Breville has provided me with a complimentary blender. All opinions, recipes, and images are my own.