I have been living on IZZE drinks as the base for fun cocktail concoctions since I found out I was pregnant. Gosh I miss wine and fancy cocktails, but these sparkling drinks have done the trick while I’m riding out my last two months of mocktail-life! I mixed up an autumn inspired drink that can easily made with or without alcohol, and is a perfect pairing for friendsgiving fetes and fall dinner parties. I started with one of my favorite IZZE flavors, sparkling clementine, and mixed in a homemade simple syrup packed with seasonal spices like cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and anise. Top it off with soda water (and pop in some vodka if you’re drinking!) for a crowd-pleasing drink. Recipe below!
- 1.5 Cups of water
- 2 Tbsp of sugar
- ½ Tsp of whole cloves
- ¼ Tsp of cardamom
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 Anise stars
- IZZE Sparkling Clementine
- Soda Water
- Vodka (optional)
- Fresh sage for garnishing
- Combine water, sugar, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick and anise in a small pot and simmer on the stovetop until the mixture reduces by at least half.
- Remove pot from stove, strain the mixture to remove all spices, and transfer to a container for cooling.
- To make the drink, combine 1 tablespoon of the simple syrup with1.5 ounces of Vodka, 5 ounces of IZZE Sparkling Clementine and 3 ounces of soda water over ice. (Omit the vodka for a tasty mocktail)
- Stir to combine and garnish with a fresh sage leave before serving.
SHOP THE POST
Please note: This post was created in collaboration with IZZE. All opinions, images and content are my own