I’m super excited to have one of my recipes featured in this month’s issue of Family Circle, a perfect treat for those last few January Sundays on the couch watching football. I took a classic game day snack and gave it a healthier twist with a big tray of crispy baked brussels sprouts tossed with a classic game-day flavor: buffalo wing sauce. The spicy brussels sprouts are baked to a crisp and pairs with a cool, refreshing Hidden Valley Ranch dip. I love that combination of spicy heat and cool ranch flavors — it makes these so addictive! Serve them on their own, or as a fun side dish for burgers or chicken sandwiches.
- 1 lb of Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup of hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 oz of Sour cream
- ½ Packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- ¼ tsp. of chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp. of chopped chives (plus more for garnishing)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Halve Brussels sprouts and toss on a rimmed baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook Brussels sprouts for 25 minutes, until leaves begin to brown and crisp.
- While the Brussels sprouts are cooking, combine 1 tablespoon of melted butter with ¼ cup of hot sauce.
- Remove Brussels sprouts from over and toss in a bowl with hot sauce and butter mixture. Return to oven and broil for 1-2 minutes to crisp.
- Serve with Herbed Ranch Dipping Sauce and garnish with fresh chopped chives.
- To make Herbed Ranch Dip: Combine 8 oz of sour cream with half a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix, ¼ teaspoon of fresh dill and 1 tablespoon of chopped chives. Stir to combine and refrigerate before serving.
Please note: This post was created in partnership with Family Circle Magazine and Hidden Valley Ranch. All opinions, images, and recipes are my own.