Memorial Day is coming up next weekend, and I’ve been thinking about all of my favorite summer BBQ recipes to break out for some grilling and al fresco celebrations. It’s also the perfect time to test a few new recipes too, and one of the ideas I’ve been cooking up takes no actual cooking at all! I made these mini berry mascarpone cakes, and didn’t even have to turn on my oven. Want to know the secret to this magical 15-minute no-bake dessert? A few store-bought ingredients! I used a pre-made pound cake and cut it into little cake rounds, then topped it with a sweetened mascarpone and lemon spread. Fresh berries give the dessert tons of patriotic color and sweet seasonal flavor. Just a little dusting of sugar on top and it is ready to serve. It comes together in just minutes, and can even be prepped a few hours in advance and chilled before your guests arrive. I think this is going to be on the menu for all of my summer parties this year! Get the full recipe below:
- 1 Large Pound Cake (8-9 Slices)
- 4 Oz. Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Tbsp of Whole Milk
- 3 Tbsp of Confectioner's Sugar, plus more for dusting
- Mixed Fresh Berries
- Use a cookie or biscuit cutter to slice round discs out of the pound cake pieces. (Note: chill the pound cake in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to make cleaner cuts).
- In a bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, the juice of one lemon, whole milk and confectioner's sugar. Use an electric hand mixture to whip the ingredients together until fluffy and fully combined.
- Spoon mascarpone topping on each round slice of the pound cake (about 1-2 Tbsp each).
- Add berries on top of each cake, pressing into the mascarpone topping.
- Chill until ready to serve (they can be made 3-4 hours in advance of serving).
- Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.
SHOP THE POST