We have been on track with healthy eating for the new year, thanks in part to a lot of meal-prepping and planning! I had been brainstorming a big list of healthy dishes to try out this month, especially ideas that made use of my Instant Pot! I’ve had this one my list for a while, a shredded buffalo chicken served over a wedge salad, because I am 99% more likely to eat a salad if there is blue cheese crumbles involved. We will put this one into the healthy-ish category — if you have more self control than me you could totally have it with a lighter dressing. I’m keeping this one in the rotation for upcoming events too; the chicken would be great on slider buns for a Super Bowl party, and rolled up in wraps with some crunchy lettuce for an easy lunch. Get the full recipe below!
- 1 Tbsp. of Butter
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Minced
- ¼ Red Onion, Minced
- 1-2 Celery Stalks, Minced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tbsp. of Scallions, Minced
- 1.5 Lbs of Chicken Breast, cubed
- 1 Cup of Hot Sauce, Divided (I use Frank's Original)
- For serving: Iceberg lettuce, red onion slices, scallions, cherry tomatoes, shredded carrots, blue cheese crumbles and dressing.
- Turn the Instant Pot on sauté mode and add the butter to the bottom of the pot. Once the butter is melted, add the yellow onion, red onion, celery, garlic and scallions to the Instant Pot and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cubed chicken to the pot, as well as half of the hot sauce (1/2 cup); put the top on the Instant Pot and select the poultry setting -- high pressure for 15 minutes, natural release.
- After the chicken is cooked, open the Instant Pot and use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken and veggie mixture and discard the excess liquid; transfer the drained chicken to a bowl and shred it with two forks.
- Toss the shredded chicken with the remaining ½ cup of hot sauce and serve over a wedge salad.
- Garnish the wedge salad with red onion slices, scallions, cherry tomatoes, shredded carrots, blue cheese crumbles and dressing.
SHOP THE POST