I always get asked by people: “what do you do with all of the food you photograph?” The answer is almost always: we eat it! I try to test a lot of my dinner recipes in the afternoon so I can photograph them and then reheat for dinner. If I’m working on bigger event-spreads, I try to make them on the weekends so I can invite family over to taste test and share in the photoshoot-feasting. I was testing recipes for the Super Bowl the same weekend as Jane’s birthday party, and decided to give this recipe a whirl so we could also serve it at the celebration. They’re just about the most toddler-friendly Super Bowl snack I could think of — we called them Pizza Muffins. They’re tiny, handheld, and filled with warm cheese, mini pepperoni, and a touch of tomato sauce. The kids loved them and the adults gobbled them up. The best part is that they were so quick and easy to make, we whipped up a fresh batch the following day too! These are going to be a favorite in our Super Bowl snack menu and at toddler parties in the future. Get the full recipe below:
- 1 Container of Pillsbury Prepared Pizza Dough
- 1 Cup of Pizza Sauce
- 2 Cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Mini Pepperoni or toppings of your choice
- Non-Stick Baking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick baking spray.
- Roll out the prepared pizza dough and cut into 12 square pieces.
- Use your hands to form each square into a bowl-shape and insert into the muffin tin.
- Fill each dough-lined cup with a heaping tablespoon of tomato sauce, and top with about 2.5 Tablespoons of mozzarella.
- Add mini-pepperoni, or a topping of your choosing, to the top of each pizza cup and place the muffin tin in the oven to bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Watch for the pizza muffins to turn golden brown and for the cheese to be melted and bubbling. Remove from oven and let cool for 3-5 minutes before removing from the tin and serving warm.
SHOP THE POST