If you are still on track with your healthy-eating New Year’s resolutions, you might want to look away. I have a new recipe for your Super Bowl menu that is rich and cheesy and full of flavor and spice: Green Chili Corn Queso Dip. It is the easiest thing in the world to make — you just combine all of the ingredients in a small pot and simmer them until they’re melted together. The queso gets tons of flavor from chopped green chilies, and delicious texture from folding in corn salsa. You can control the heat and add jalapeños to the mix too — depending how much your snack audience likes spice! I served this to my family when they were visiting recently and we used a variety of items to dip: salty blue corn chips, Trader Joe’s cornbread crisps, and soft pretzel bites (I got these at Wegmans — they were my favorite!). Get the full recipe below:
- 8 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 4 oz can of Chopped Green Chilies
- ½ Cup of Corn Salsa (I like Trader Joe's version)
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- ¼ Sharp Shredded Cheddar
- Jalapeño, for garnishing
- Pretzels or chips, serving
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, combine the velvet cheese, chopped green chilies, corn salsa, and minced garlic.
- Stir continuously until the mixture is melted and nearly combined. Add the sharp shredded cheddar to the pot and continue to stir until the texture is smooth and fully melted.
- Serve warm with pretzels or chips for dipping, garnish with slices of fresh jalapeño (optional).
SHOP THE POST