I love making crostini for easy entertaining appetizers. It’s such a simple dish but is always a crowd favorite, and a versatile one that you can adapt to use tons of different types of ingredients. I shared a few varieties of these seasonally inspired crostini in my entertaining cookbook, New England Invite.
This version aims to highlight the delicious seasonal New England berries. Each combination is delicious on it’s own, but I love to serve them side-by-side to let the colors and flavors play off one another; the red strawberries, blue blueberries, and white Hood cottage cheese make for a patriotic summer snack display! They work beautifully as a dinner party appetizer, but I’ll sometimes also serve them as a brunch treat for a summer bridal or baby shower too. Note: If you’re using this for a summer entertaining recipe and already have your outdoor grill on, try grilling the toasts directly on the grates instead of using the broiler! The grill marks look great on the bread and infuse extra flavor.
- 1 large baguette
- Olive oil
- ½ cup Hood Cottage Cheese with Cracked Pepper
- ⅓ cup strawberries, sliced
- Fresh Basil leaves
- ½ cup Hood Cottage Cheese with Strawberry
- ⅓ cup blueberries
- Fresh thyme
- Slice the baguette into 1-inch rounds and transfer to a large baking sheet.
- Lightly drizzle the bread with olive oil and place in the oven under the broiler for about 2 minutes total, flipping halfway through to toast both sides. Remove once the bread is a golden brown.
- Divide the toasts between two serving plates. On one set of toasts spread a spoonful of Hood Cracked Pepper Cottage Cheese and top with sliced strawberries, and torn fresh basil leaves. On the second set of toasts, spread a spoonful of Hood Strawberry Cottage Cheese and top with blueberries and fresh thyme sprigs. Drizzle all of the toasts lightly with honey and serve immediately.
This post was created in partnership with Hood Cottage Cheese. All opinions, images, and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site!