It’s soup season! I am so in love with this new soup recipe and couldn’t wait to share it today. I’ve been playing around with the idea of a loaded cauliflower soup for a while and this version just hit the spot! I started by roasting two heads of cauliflower and a head of garlic in the oven — it makes the cauliflower really rich and nutty. All that it needed for seasoning was a bit of olive oil and a sea salt with herbs (I use this brand!). Then you pulse the roasted cauliflower and garlic in a blender with some really good chicken broth and cracked black pepper, it’s as easy as can be. This soup is unintentionally dairy-free; when I was first testing it I had planned to stir in some cream at the end to give it a richer flavor, but just taste-testing it from the blender it was already so rich and flavorful I decided it didn’t need it! To finish it off, I topped it with some crispy bacon crumbles and chives — delicious! Get the full recipe below:
- 2 Large Heads of Cauliflower
- 1 Head of Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Herbs de Provence
- 3 Cups of Chicken Broth, warmed
- Black Pepper
- Crispy Bacon and chopped chives, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove greens and chop cauliflower heads into 1" florets, scatter on the baking sheet and season well with sea salt and herbs de provence.
- Slice the top of the head of garlic of and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt, loosely wrap in foil and add to the baking sheet.
- Roast the cauliflower and garlic for 50-55 minutes, tossing the cauliflower halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and transfer warm cauliflower to the blender, pulsing to break down.
- Remove the roasted garlic cloves from the garlic head and add to the blender, along with the warm chicken broth to the blender. Blend until smooth and season to taste with fresh black pepper.
- **Ensure you note the hot-liquid level on your blender to avoid overfilling!**
- Divide the warm soup into bowls and garnish with crispy chopped bacon and fresh chives before serving.
SHOP THE POST