I’m excited to be partnering with Little Leaf Farms this year again on some tasty recipes – their lettuce mixes are grown locally in a greenhouse facility in Devens, Massachusetts. I kicked off the year with a post about my sustainability goals, and I love that the Little Leaf Farms brand is aligned in those efforts –from collecting rainwater to use in their greenhouses to reducing the distance our food has to travel by growing year-round here in New England. My first recipe with Little Leaf Farms is Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza – with football playoffs and that big snack-fueled football fest at the end of the month, I’ve been thinking about some new game day bites to add to my menu.The hard thing with this time of year is that everyone is trying to eat healthy and work on New Year’s resolutions, while at the same time we’re tempted with delicious football foods that are on the other end of the health-food spectrum! This recipe has a little something for everyone – cheesy pizza dough as the base for our game day snack purists, and fresh and flavorful Little Leaf Farms greens piled high on top for everyone sticking to their eat-more-veggies resolutions. The best part is that’s easy to make, you could even serve this for a simple weeknight dinner. I rolled out the pizza dough and seasoned the crust with spices and herbs, drizzled it with olive oil and then topped it with parmesan and mozzarella before popping it in the oven to bake. While it’s quickly cooking, you can toss together Little Leaf Farms greens with a little bit of Caesar dressing – I used a mixture of Little Leaf Farms Red & Green Leaf Mix and Baby Spring Mix for my greens. Next, add the chopped chicken into the bowl and continue to toss them until they’re lightly coated with dressing. I used leftover breaded chicken breasts, but you could also use frozen chicken tenders, or chicken from the grocery store’s prepared foods section. When the pizza comes out of the oven, let it cool for a few minutes before adding the lightly dressed Caesar salad and chicken to the top. Then finish it off with another swirl of dressing, sprinkle of parmesan, and lots of cracked black pepper! (PS: I highly recommend using a pizza stone in your oven, it gets the dough nice and crispy and cooks the pizza evenly, and it works great on the grill in the summer!). Get the full recipe below:
- 16 oz Fresh Pizza Dough
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 2 Tsp. of Oregano
- Olive Oil
- 8 oz Shredded Mozzarella
- 3 Tbsp. of Parmesan Cheese, divided
- Breaded Chicken, cooked and roughly chopped
- Little Leaf Farms Red & Green Leaf Mix and/or Baby Spring Mix
- Caesar Dressing
- Fresh Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Roll out dough to 12” circle and place on lightly floured baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Season with garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and drizzle with olive oil. Then spread out the mozzarella and half of the parmesan cheese on the dough.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes at 500 degrees; remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- While the pizza is cooking, lightly dress the Little Leaf Farms Greens with Caesar dressing and toss in chopped chicken.
- Use tongs to arrange the Caesar salad and chicken in the center of the pizza, garnish with remaining parmesan and fresh cracked black pepper.
SHOP THE POST
Please note: This post was created in partnership with Little Leaf Farms. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site.