My friends at Bertolino Foods shared some of their delicious ingredients with me, and their Certified Angus Beef Shaved Ribeye was calling me to make one of my favorite sandwiches: a garlic bread steak and cheese! This melty, buttery, garlic steak and cheese sandwich is the ultimate weekend snack and works great for football snacks if you make it on a large loaf of French Bread and then slice it into handheld sized strips.The focus of the sandwich is the steak, and Bertolino Shaved Steak is lean, tender, thinly shaved beef that packs tons of flavor and cooks up in just minutes. I make a flavorful garlic and parsley butter and use half of it to butter some fresh French bread and toast. The other half of the garlic-herb butter gets used to add even more garlicy flavor to the beef. Once the French bread is buttery and toasty, I top it with the shaved steak cooked in garlic-parsley butter and it all gets topped with some sharp provolone cheese. I put the whole thing open faced on a sheet pan and slide it into the oven under the broiler to give the cheese an ooey, gooey, melty finish. Let it rest for just a minute or two and then fold it in half and slice it up for an elevated take on the steak and cheese that will be a major crowd pleaser! Get the full recipe below:
- ⅓ cup of Butter, softened
- 6-8 Cloves of Garlic, finely minced
- 1.5 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Large Loaf of French Bread
- 2-12 oz Packages of Bertolino Certified Angus Beef Shaved Ribeye
- 6 Large Slices of Provolone Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the softened butter with the minced garlic and chopped parsley. Use the back of a fork to mash the ingredients together until the garlic and parsley are well incorporated.
- Slice the large loaf of French bread open and use about ½ to ⅔ of the butter mixture to coat the inside of the bread. Place the buttered bread on a baking sheet and toast open faced in the 400-degree oven for 5-10 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While the bread is toasting, add the remaining garlic-parsley-butter mixture to a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, and add the Bertolino Certified Angus Beef Shaved Ribeye steak to the hot pan. Lightly season with salt and pepper and cook the steak until desired doneness.
- Top the toasted garlic bread with the cooked steak, and then a layer of the provolone cheese slices. Return the baking sheet to the oven and broil the sandwich for 1-2 minutes, until the provolone cheese is gooey and melted.
- Remove from oven, fold the sandwich in half and use a sharp knife to slice the steak and cheese into handheld sized strips for serving.
Please note: This post was created in paid partnership with Bertolino Foods. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site!