Tree skirt.

It’s a very felt-y Christmas this year. I used the leftover hot pink felt I had from my jewelry box project and whipped up a skirt for my tree; then I cut out bright green reindeer to prance around the border. If I can pat myself on the back for a moment, several hours of meticulously cutting out santa’s favorite woodland creature was well worth it, look how cute it turned out:

More crafts later,I still have to share my felt garland project!

15 responses to “Tree skirt.

1. Johanna December 8, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Seriously so cute. Way to go! Martha who?

2. Alicia December 8, 2010 at 1:11 pm

wow, so adorable!! completely impressed and much cuter than most tree skirts i’ve seen!

3. pitcherandthepearl December 8, 2010 at 2:19 pm

LOVE! question: Did you just lay it over the tree stand before putting in the tree, or does it fasten some how in the back?

4. domestikatedlife December 8, 2010 at 2:22 pm

It’s not fastened, but I left a slit in the back so I can easily pull it up to water the tree

5. Will December 8, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Your tree skirt is super cute and so is your lovely ginger cat!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today – great to see you there and discover your blog :)

6. LindsB December 8, 2010 at 4:03 pm

HOLY COW! This is amazing!! I NEED to know how you cut out the right shaped circle!! I have been dying to make a tree skirt for my tree, but have been lost when it comes to cutting out such a huge circle. Did you use a pattern?

And a HUGE pat on the back for you for cutting out all those tiny reindeer- I love love love this!

7. domestikatedlife December 8, 2010 at 4:06 pm

I just folded the felt into a square and free-hand cut the circle. It took a little trimming, but it turned out ok!

8. Design Darling December 8, 2010 at 4:20 pm

You are seriously too cool for school. This is amazing!

9. Eddie Ross December 8, 2010 at 9:19 pm

The hand made tree skirt adds such an original touch to your tree. What a perfect way to add a homemade surprise to any “themed” tree too. So creative!
    Thanks for sharing, and happy felting!
    Xo,
    E&J

10. Stephanie December 9, 2010 at 11:09 am

Saw your fabulous tree skirt of Casa Sugar. Wow. Great job! Love your style.

11. krista December 11, 2010 at 12:59 pm

dear domestikated life… i really wish you would start a store so i could buy things like this from you. i am commissioning you to make me one next year. get designing.

12. Gina @ Temporary Nest January 17, 2011 at 8:43 pm

OH my gosh that is adorable!! <3

13. Kristin November 17, 2013 at 11:26 am

Just copied your adorable tree skirt, mine turned out super cute. I used a glitter red felt and lime green and added 3 holly with lime green leaves and pink berries! Thanks for the idea girl!

14. Kristin November 17, 2013 at 11:29 am

*Lime green Reindeer

15. Kristin November 17, 2013 at 11:34 am

To make a perfect circle cut a piece of string, tie it to a piece of chalk or pencil or whatever and then hold it in middle of the folded in half fabric and draw a half circle as far as the string reaches from edge to edge! Happy sewing ;)