Brie and Jam Pinwheel Bites.

I got such great feedback a few weeks back about my 3-ingredient appetizer idea  that I decided to try another combination for a little blogger holiday party thrown by my friend Elizabeth this weekend. And for this little snack I chose one my all time favorite cheese, a creamy french brie… yum. I rolled out thawed puff pastry dough (store bought, from the frozen food section!) and spread a thin layer of strawberry jam across the surface, and spaced out the slices of cheese.  Then I rolled the dough over the ingredients and sealed off the edges before cutting it into pinwheel slices. I baked the pinwheels — on baking sheet with a light mist of cooking spray — for about 12 minutes at 400 degrees. Let them cool a bit before removing them from the baking sheet so all of the cheese doesn’t ooze out — you don’t want any of that going to waste! I think this is going to be a new entertaining staple, it took about 5 minutes of prep time and they flew off the plate! Brie and Jam Pinwheels 1 Brie and Jam Pinwheels 2 Brie and Jam Pinwheels 3 Brie and Jam Pinwheels 4 Brie and Jam Pinwheels 5 Brie and Jam Pinwheels 6

9 responses to “Brie and Jam Pinwheel Bites.

1. Mara December 11, 2013 at 9:21 am

Okay, I’m drooling.

2. Alyssa Longobucco December 11, 2013 at 9:38 am

Oh, these look so yummy!

3. Anathalia December 11, 2013 at 10:06 am

They were really good, Katie! Thanks for sharing how you made them, I’m definitely trying to make them myself! Yum!

4. Alex Hubbard (@AlexHubbard) December 11, 2013 at 10:45 am

I can attest to the deliciousness of these. SO GOOD.

5. elizabeth swartz (@elizabethswartz) December 11, 2013 at 3:03 pm

these were the perfect bite-sized treat – I’m so glad you shared the how to!

6. Ashley December 12, 2013 at 10:34 am

Ooh, I love this idea! I’m supposed to make an appetizer while we’re visiting my in-laws. This looks delicious and easy. Phew, that’s one less thing I have to stress out about. Ha Ha! Thank you:)

7. Julia December 16, 2013 at 11:15 am

Made these for a party this weekend, such a hit, thanks for the inspiration!

8. Jaime Lynn (@laviejaime) December 17, 2013 at 6:17 pm

i am SO making these for a get-together at my apt with old work friends. yum!