Ever since the weather has warmed up, we have been out on the porch grilling every change we can get. Over Memorial Day weekend we hit up friends’ BBQs, enjoyed a clambake at my parent’s house, and experimented at home with some new burger recipes. I am all about loading up a burger with a ton of tasty toppings and tested a burger that’s full of cheesy, avocado-y goodness. I mixed up a rustic ‘salsa’ with diced avocados, tomatoes, onions, roasted corn and scallions to top a burger melted with two cheeses: colby and pepperjack. I used Pepperidge Farm® Farmhouse Hearty Buns to hold it all together, these are key — they don’t fall apart under the pressure of all of these tasty toppings! The result was almost like enjoying my favorite nacho ingredients a top a juicy grilled burger on a fluffy, hearty bun (with some baked sweet potato fries for good measure!). Do I have you drooling yet? Full recipe below!
- Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Hearty Buns®
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tomato
- ¼ Cup Roasted Corn
- ¼ Cup Red Onion
- ¼ Cup Scallions
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Colby and Pepperjack Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Divide beef and shape into burgers, begin cooking to desired wellness on the grill or in a cast iron skillet.
- While burgers cook, assemble the avocado salsa.
- Dice avocados and tomatoes, mince red onion and scallions, and combine all with roasted corn.
- Toss mixture with lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- When burgers are almost fully cooked, top with a piece of colby cheese and pepperjack cheese, cover pan or close grill to briefly melt.
- Assemble cheeseburger on Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Hearty Buns® and top with avocado salsa mixture.
- Serve immediately with sweet potato fries and garnish with freshly chopped scallions.
Please note: This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm® in conjunction with Blog Meets Brand. All opinions, images, and recipes are my own.