This post was created in partnership with Keurig Green Mountain®. All opinions, images, and ideas are my own.
There is an endless bounty of pumpkin spice flavored recipes and products now, and when I decided on the pumpkin and apples potluck theme I knew I had to find a way to incorporate some pumpkin spice treats into the menu. Green Mountain Coffee® Pumpkin Spice Coffee was a mainstay for our warm beverage bar and it was so nice to have that warm, spiced fall aroma welcoming guests into our house as it brewed in my new, white Keurig® K475 brewer! (I just learned that Green Mountain Coffee® Pumpkin Spice Coffee is having it’s 15th anniversary this year – they’ve been pumpkin-spicing for half my life!).
To pair with Green Mountain Coffee® Pumpkin Spice Coffee I experimented with modifying a classic Rice Krispy treat recipe with similar pumpkin spice flavors. It took a few tries to keep them coming out truly crispy, while bringing the pumpkin flavors to the foreground but I think I cracked the code! They were a perfect sweet bite to have alongside a piping hot cup of Green Mountain Coffee® Pumpkin Spice Coffee at the event! Full recipe below:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons of canned pumpkin puree
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mini marshmallows plus one cup
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 7 cups crispy rice cereal
- Green Mountain Coffee® Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- Butter a 9x9 baking dish and keep it in the freezer while you prepare the other ingredients to chill the pan.
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium-low heat. Add the pumpkin puree and continue to cook until all of the butter is incorporated.
- Fold in the bag of marshmallows and spices into the mixture until fully incorporated and remove from heat.
- Cool mixture for about 10 minutes before quickly folding in 7 cups of rice krispies (cooling the mixture is key to avoid the rice krispies becoming soggy!)
- Press the mixture into the greased baking dish.
- Let the treats set for at least 30-45 minutes before cutting and serving, pair with Green Mountain Coffee® Pumpkin Spice Coffee!