If you asked my friends what my signature dish was they would probably reply with “rice krispy treats.” It’s such a simple dessert to make, but after tweaking my own version of recipe for years, they’ve definitely become a go-to item to bring to parties. I noticed the other day that I’ve posted a pumpkin spice version, neapolitan flavors, and even cocoa football treats — but I’ve never actually shared my classic rice krispy treat on here! The secret to mine? A little bit more butter and some sea salt, because butter and salt make everything better. I got the urge to make these and thought I’d put an Easter spin on them by punching them out with a bunny cookie cutter and adding some bunny-faces with a little bit of colored frosting. What’s the word for a pack of bunnies? A herd? Yup, I just ate a herd of these bunny treats while writing this post.
- 5 Tablespoons of butter
- 6-7 Cups of mini marshmallows (one full bag)
- ½ Tsp of salt
- 5 Cups of Rice Krispies
- Gel frosting for decorations (optional)
- Combine butter, mini marshmallows, and salt in a large pot over medium heat.
- Heat the mixture while stirring constantly until marshmallows are melted and fully combined with butter.
- Remove from heat and fold in Rice Krispies until full incorporated into marshmallows.
- Press mixture into a rimmed sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Let the Rice Krispy Treats sit and solidify for at least an hour before cutting into them.
- Optional: cut treats out into shapes using cookie cutters and decorate with gel food coloring.
SHOP THE POST