I was at an event the other night where some delicious artisanal cocktails were being passed around. A few of the guests I was with weren’t drinking, so the bartenders made them a mocktail version of the same caliber. It got a conversation started among us that we were so appreciative to find more restaurants offering delicious mocktails as part of their menus. Now that I have a kid, I understand how nice it is to have a special drink for everyone to enjoy at parties; I always try to come up with a fun recipe that can taste just as delicious in mocktail form as it does in cocktail form. With the 4th of July holiday coming up, I thought I’d test a batch of a new mocktail recipe for festive patriotic entertaining.I was inspired by the new Pomegranate Lemonade flavor of ￼ Sparkling Poland Spring® Brand Natural Spring Water when building my patriotic mocktail. The Poland Spring Sparkling drinks are made with real spring water (and free of calories and sweeteners!) – making it a perfect base for a refreshing bubbly summer drink. Next I created a simple syrup to complement the real fruit flavors of the Poland Spring Sparkling Pomegranate Lemonade out of pomegranate juice and fresh berries. I love using fresh, local ingredients like summer berries because they add so much flavor and color to a drink. I used the berries again when I was assembling the drink, muddling some at the bottom to incorporate them into the bubbly mocktail, and then again at the end as a garnish! They add a red white and blue touch to this festive, patriotic looking drink. I can’t wait to serve them over the holiday weekend, and perhaps mix up a few to enjoy before then too! Get the full recipe below:
- ½ Cup of Water
- ½ Cup of Pomegranate Juice
- Mixed Berries (Fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 2 Tbsp. of White Sugar
- Poland Spring Sparkling Pomegranate Lemonade
- To make the simple syrup: combine ½ cup of water, ½ cup of pomegranate juice, ½ cup of mixed berries (strawberries – greens removed, blueberries, raspberries), and 2 tablespoons of white sugar. Cook over medium heat until reduced by almost one half; remove from the stove, strain out any remaining berry pieces, and allow it to cool until it reaches room temperature.
- To assemble your drink: Muddle a 1-2 tablespoons of berries at the bottom of the glass and fill with ice. Pour the Poland Spring Sparkling Pomegranate Lemonade over the ice, until the glass is ¾ full. Top the drink with half an ounce of the pomegranate berry simple syrup. Finish the drink with a garnish of additional mixed fresh berries.
Note: This post was created in partnership with Sparkling Poland Spring® Brand Natural Spring Water. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site
SHOP THE POST