I was at an event the other night where some delicious artisanal cocktails were being passed around. A few of the guests I was with weren’t drinking, so the bartenders made them a mocktail version of the same caliber. It got a conversation started among us that we were so appreciative to find more restaurants offering delicious mocktails as part of their menus. Now that I have a kid, I understand how nice it is to have a special drink for everyone to enjoy at parties; I always try to come up with a fun recipe that can taste just as delicious in mocktail form as it does in cocktail form. With the 4th of July holiday coming up, I thought I’d test a batch of a new mocktail recipe for festive patriotic entertaining.I was inspired by the new Pomegranate Lemonade flavor of ￼ Sparkling Poland Spring® Brand Natural Spring Water when building my patriotic mocktail. The Poland Spring Sparkling drinks are made with real spring water (and free of calories and sweeteners!) – making it a perfect base for a refreshing bubbly summer drink. Next I created a simple syrup to complement the real fruit flavors of the Poland Spring Sparkling Pomegranate Lemonade out of pomegranate juice and fresh berries. I love using fresh, local ingredients like summer berries because they add so much flavor and color to a drink. I used the berries again when I was assembling the drink, muddling some at the bottom to incorporate them into the bubbly mocktail, and then again at the end as a garnish! They add a red white and blue touch to this festive, patriotic looking drink. I can’t wait to serve them over the holiday weekend, and perhaps mix up a few to enjoy before then too! Get the full recipe below:
- ½ Cup of Water
- ½ Cup of Pomegranate Juice
- Mixed Berries (Fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 2 Tbsp. of White Sugar
- Poland Spring Sparkling Pomegranate Lemonade
- To make the simple syrup: combine ½ cup of water, ½ cup of pomegranate juice, ½ cup of mixed berries (strawberries – greens removed, blueberries, raspberries), and 2 tablespoons of white sugar. Cook over medium heat until reduced by almost one half; remove from the stove, strain out any remaining berry pieces, and allow it to cool until it reaches room temperature.
- To assemble your drink: Muddle a 1-2 tablespoons of berries at the bottom of the glass and fill with ice. Pour the Poland Spring Sparkling Pomegranate Lemonade over the ice, until the glass is ¾ full. Top the drink with half an ounce of the pomegranate berry simple syrup. Finish the drink with a garnish of additional mixed fresh berries.
Note: This post was created in partnership with Sparkling Poland Spring® Brand Natural Spring Water. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site
SHOP THE POST
This looks fabulous! Perfect for moms to be too!