Stuffing is one of the highlights of Thanksgiving dinner table at our house. I love it; and we’ve gotten in the habit of making two types to ensure that there are leftovers. One classic stuffing with the store-bought mix (because that stuff is so darn good in a turkey sandwich the day after the holiday) and one stuffing that has some special mix-ins. I’ve made it with sage and squash, with sausage and apples, and this year I thought it would be fun to give our stuffing some major flavor with Everything Bagel seasoning. The base of the stuffing is made with a mix of corn bread and white bread, and it gets tons of seasonal flavor from onions, sage, parsley and celery seed. The everything bagel seasoning on top gives it texture and a salty bite — it’ll be a hit on your Thanksgiving table. Get the recipe below:
- 3 Tbsp. of Butter
- 1 Large yellow onion, diced
- 1 Large clove of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. of Fresh Sage, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. of Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 Tsp. of Celery Seed
- ½ Tsp. of Black Pepper
- 4 Cups of Cornbread, cubed
- 4 Cups of Crusty White Bread, Cubed
- 2¼ Cups of Chicken Stock, warmed
- 2 Tbsp. of Everything Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the diced onion and minced garlic until the onions begin to soften. Fold in the sage, parsley and celery seed and season with black pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cubed pieces of cornbread with the cubed crusty white bread, and pour the onion and butter mixture over the top. Toss to coat the bread.
- Slowly pour the warm chicken stock over the bread mixture and stir to incorporate the liquid.
- Transfer the stuffing to a baking dish and sprinkle the everything seasoning on top before baking at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with additional fresh sage.
SHOP THE POST