I’ve got a tasty new recipe for homemade Honey Oat Granola Bars to share today in partnership with my friends at EatingWell Magazine and The National Honey Board! These are an easy snack made with pantry staples and simply sweetened with honey. Everyone in my family loves them; you just may want to make a double-batch because they go fast! Get the full recipe below:
Honey Oat Granola Bars.
- ½ Cup of Honey
- 3 Tbsp. of Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp. of Butter
- ½ Tsp. of Vanilla Extract
- ½ Tsp. of Cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp. of Salt
- 1 ½ Cups of Rolled Oats
- 1 ½ Cups of Crispy Rice Cereal
- ½ Cup of Nuts, chopped (I used almonds, peanuts and pecans)
- ¼ Cup of Raisins or Dried Cranberries
- Line a baking dish (7x10 or 8x8) with parchment paper.
- Mix honey, peanut butter, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt together in a heat-safe bowl. Microwave the mixture for 1 minute, remove and stir well until all of the ingredients are melted and combined.
- Combine oats, rice cereal, chopped nuts, and raisins in a large bowl.
- Pour honey-peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well until all of oats and cereal are coated and begin to stick together.
- Transfer the granola mixture into the parchment lined dish; spread evenly and then use the back of a large measuring cup to press the granola down and compact it into an even layer. Place the dish into the refrigerator and chill the granola for two hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and use the parchment paper to pull the granola slab out of the dish; use a sharp knife to cut into 8 bars.
Please note: This post was created in partnership with EatingWell Magazine and the National Honey Board. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site.