The inspiration for this Chamomile-infused take on the classic Bee’s Knees cocktail was the chamomile flower – the cheery little blooms remind me of my wedding bouquet and a sure sign of spring. Instead of making the drink with a purely honey-based syrup, I infused it with chamomile tea bags, adding an herbal note to the clean, refreshing drink! Get the recipe below:
Chamomile Bee’s Knees Cocktail.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ Cup of Honey
- ¾ cup water
- 6-8 bags of chamomile tea
- 2 ounces gin
- ¾ ounce lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- ¾ ounce Chamomile honey syrup
- Make the chamomile syrup: combine sugar, honey and water in a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and add the chamomile tea bags; steep for about 10 minutes, then discard tea bags. Let the syrup cool and then transfer to an airtight container and chill until ready to use.
- To make the cocktail, combine gin, lemon juice, and chamomile honey syrup in a cocktail shaker over ice. Shake vigorously and then strain into a chilled coupe.