I love thinking up fun ways to get kids involved with holiday celebrations, like coloring in turkey crowns or this “cornucopia” snack mix, but I have to let you in on a little secret: the adults usually love these details just as much as the kids! I mixed up a batch of this snack mix – a spin on homemade Chex mix with some fun additions like candied peans, Reese’s pieces and pumpkin candies – and served it in big waffle cones to make it look like a cornucopia. They’re fun handheld treats for kids (and my husband, who loves this snack mix more than anyone!) — get the recipe below!
- 4 Cups Rice Chex
- 4 Cups Corn Chex
- 1 Cup mini Pretzels
- 1 Cup Candied Pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Seasonal candy, optional (Reese’s pieces, pumpkin gummies)
- Ice cream cones, for serving
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the rice Chex, corn Chex, mini pretzels and candied pecans together in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and stir in Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion powder; pour over Chex mixture and toss to combine.
- Spread the mixture on the parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a 250-degree oven for 45 minutes, tossing the ingredients every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Add in seasonal candy if desired, and then scoop into ice cream cones to serve.
SHOP THE POST