Mini Donut Birthday Cake.

One of my best girlfriends has a birthday coming up, and we have a mutual passion for donuts — I wouldn’t be exaggerating by saying we exchange at least 2-3 emails a week about donuts. Which is why I thought it was completely acceptable to make a cake, and then add donuts on top of it for her birthday celebration this weekend.  Conveniently, I had recently purchase a mini-donut pan, and followed the recipe that came with the pan (from Williams-Sonoma). They were surprisingly simple to make and totally jazzed up my box-mix cake I made for the occasion. So remember:  the next time you’re making a three layer chocolate-chocolate cake and you ask yourself “Is this enough?” the answer is no, no it’s not enough, and then add donuts on top of that cake.

Mini Donut CakeMini Donut Cake 2 Mini Donut Cake 5 Mini Donut Cake 6

8 responses to “Mini Donut Birthday Cake.

1. Mara October 7, 2013 at 9:11 am

This is just unreal. How good were they!?

2. Alyssa Longobucco October 7, 2013 at 10:20 am

This is genius–I don’t even like donuts and I want to make this!

3. Monica {Cake & Lilies} October 7, 2013 at 8:39 pm

I’ve always been too intimidated by making donuts at home, but I might be sold now! This looks incredible!

4. Abbie October 8, 2013 at 7:11 am

The only thing better than donuts is donuts on top of a cake- especially with sprinkles on top!

5. pop&circumstance October 8, 2013 at 7:51 am

This is one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen. The rainbow sprinkles on the mini donuts are perfection!

6. krista October 9, 2013 at 4:51 pm

wow, what a lucky friend to get such a special cake :)

7. Gabriella October 11, 2013 at 8:07 am

I am totally picking up one of those mini-donut pans – how brilliant!

8. Rodrigo April 10, 2014 at 2:09 pm

I would like to know the recipe for the cake, thank you very much.