Macarons.

This weekend I tackled a fun item on my 30 before 30 list: baking macarons from scratch! I took a class last summer (and marked that off my list too!) which was super helpful background when trying to recreate them on my own. The verdict: I was 50/50 on macaron success. I made a batch of lemon macarons that were  a bust, they lost their shape and cooked unevenly. But batch #2 — a raspberry macaron with raspberry champagne butter-cream filling — came out great. They weren’t perfect, but they were tasty and looked pretty good! I filled up a footed bowl with them and brought them off to Easter celebrations.

20140421-205842.jpg20140421-205853.jpg20140421-205902.jpg

6 responses to “Macarons.

1. Mara April 22, 2014 at 9:20 am

Macarons + that outfit + that bowl = perfection.

2. Elizabeth Halle April 22, 2014 at 11:43 am

Yum – they look delicious!

3. little dash of April 23, 2014 at 5:46 pm

these look like they turned out great! and so cute in the bowl – great idea!

4. Laura Sanchez April 25, 2014 at 10:31 am

They look amazing and I love your photography!

5. emily | shell chic'd April 25, 2014 at 1:24 pm

These are GORG it’s not even fair. I’ve had the best luck with Martha Stewart’s recipe (#typical) and am dying to try them again soon!

6. Ashleigh Jean April 26, 2014 at 6:55 pm

I have been dying to make macaroons lately! It seems every time I decide I will something pops up. I found a great simple recipe recently that I really want to try and compare to some more advanced flavors. Macaroons are some of my favorite treats :)

xx, Ashleigh