I’m working on my snack game for Sunday’s big night of red carpet viewing and all that Hollywood glamour. Oscar night at my house requires about the same level of appetizer commitment that the Super Bowl does in most other homes. I’ve been playing around with some ideas for quick and easy bite-size-tartlets, and these little guys were a winner. The base of the tartlets is made out of pre-made pie dough (use store-bought dough or thaw leftover dough from the freezer), pressed into mini-muffin tins. The dough is pre-cooked, and then filled while warm with a combination of rich goat cheese, sweet apricot jam, and crunchy pistachios with a sprinkle of cracked black pepper. Get the full recipe below, and be sure to check out the other awards show viewing party recipes I’m making for the Oscars — Ruby Red Carpet Cocktails and Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket.
- Pre-made Pie Dough
- 4 oz Goat Cheese
- ¼ Cup of Apricot Jam
- ¼ Cup of Pistachios, shelled
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a glass, jar, or cookie cutter to cut 2.5 to 3 inch circles out of the pie dough.
- Press the dough discs into a mini muffin pan and chill for 15 minutes.
- Place the tray of chilled tartlet dough into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and while still warm, spoon a dollop of goat cheese into each tartlet.
- Top the goat cheese with a spoon of apricot jam, and sprinkle with pistachios and freshly cracked black pepper.
SHOP THE POST