I have been scratching my head for quite some time now, trying to think of a good way to use the Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel Seasoning that seems to be sweeping the internet these days. I grew up in an avid bagel-loving family, and the everything bagel flavor is my absolutely favorite. I’ve seen it used on avocado toast, stirred in mac and cheese, and a friend of ours used it on a loaf of homemade challah bread (oh-em-gee was that delicious). As I was brainstorming some appetizer ideas to make for my own personal Oscars viewing party this weekend (me: on the couch with a cocktail and snacks), I found the perfect occasion to sprinkle this tasty seasoning mix: on Pigs In A Blanket.It’s as easy as assembling the little cocktail dogs like you would for any other occasion — rolled up in crescent roll dough. Before you pop them in the oven, brush on a light egg wash to give the dough a crispy, golden brown finish, and allow the everything bagel seasoning to stick to the outside. Get the full recipe below, and be sure to check out my other awards show viewing party recipes I’m making on Sunday: Apricot, Pistachio, and Goat Cheese Tartlets and Ruby Red Carpet Cocktails.
- 1 Package of Cocktail Hot Dogs
- 1 Container of Crescent Roll Dough
- 1 Egg
- 2-3 Tbsp of Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Mustard and Ketchup for serving.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open crescent roll dough and cut into 16-20 small pieces; roll dough around each hot dog and press firmly closed.
- Align rolled hot dogs on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Whisk one egg with 1 tsp of water to create an egg wash; use a small pastry brush to lightly coat the dough with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle the pigs in a blanket generously with the everything bagel seasoning, and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with mustard and/or ketchup.
SHOP THE POST