We all seem to be in the same boat – whether we’re rushing home from a long day of work or juggling the toddler-witching hour – dinner can be a struggle! I have a handful of extra-speedy, low effort weeknight dinners that I keep in my back pocket for busy weeks. Sometimes they’re almost so simple that I forget to write them down and share them here, but those are the ones that people always end up loving the most. One of my staple ingredients that I always grab at the grocery store to have on hand are packages of al fresco Fully Cooked Chicken Sausage.I mix it in with my favorite cauliflower gnocchi sheet pan recipe, or toss it with red sauce and pasta for the quickest of meals. And I use it most often with this easy, time-saving recipe – a grilled chicken sausage and veggie couscous bowl that takes under 20 minutes to make. It’s the ultimate quick and easy weeknight meal: minimal clean up, speedy prep-work, and something that everyone in our family will eat (though, Jane will certainly pick out most of the vegetables). I start with al fresco Fully Cooked Chicken Sausage — usually in the roasted garlic flavor but other varieties work well too – and chop it up with sliced peppers, onions, zucchini and mushrooms. You can use any vegetables you’d like; I mix it up based on what’s in my fridge. It’s a great clean-out-the-veggie-bin meal! Then scatter all of the sausage and vegetables onto a grill pan and drizzle it with olive oil, salt and pepper, and sprinkle on chopped chives, oregano and minced garlic.The whole tray gets popped onto a hot grill for about 10-12 minutes, usually tossing everything around halfway through to make sure everything gets cooked evenly. While these ingredients are on the grill I quickly prep a box of 5-minute couscous, and divide it into bowls before topping it with the grilled al fresco chicken sausageand crispy veggies. It’s so delicious and easy to make, a summer weeknight staple! Get the full recipe below:
- 4 al fresco Fully Cooked Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage Links, sliced
- 1 Yellow Pepper, sliced
- 1 Red Pepper, sliced
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Cups of Mushrooms, quartered
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. of Fresh Chives, minced
- 1 Tbsp. of Fresh Oregano, minced
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Couscous, for serving
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and prepare the grilling ingredients: slice sausage and vegetables and arrange on a grill pan.
- Drizzle the ingredients with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle minced garlic, chives and oregano on top.
- Grill sausage and veggies on the hot grill for about 10-12 minutes, tossing everything around halfway through to make sure it grills evenly.
- While the sausage and veggies are grilling, prepare couscous as directed.
- Divide cooked couscous and grilled sausage-veggie into four bowls and serve hot; garnish with additional herbs and a drizzle of olive oil if desired.
Please note: This post was created in partnership with al fresco Chicken Sausage, all opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site!