Is there anything on this earth that tastes more like summer than a lobster roll? I think not! Hot or cold, I’ll take all of the lobster rolls I can get. My friends at Just Madras sent me an adorable package with a Lobster Roll tote bag, t-shirt, and perfectly preppy gingham napkins — it was the perfect excuse to make some lobster rolls for a summer picnic at the beach. I have my classic hot buttered lobster roll recipe in my cookbook, but realized I’ve never shared my cold lobster roll recipe here (until today!). This version gets tons of flavor from a healthy heap of fresh lemon thyme and chives. The herbs bring out so much flavor and brightness, and are a perfect compliment to the lobster meat. I made this version on small dinner rolls so guests can have them as a party snack (or gobble up a few of them alongside from potato chips!). Get the full recipe below:
- 1 lb of Fresh Lobster Meat
- ¼ Cup of Mayonnaise
- ¼ Tsp. of Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. of Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp. of Lemon Zest
- ½ Tsp. of Celery Seed
- ¼ Tsp. of Old Bay
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Lemon Thyme, removed from stems
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Chives, minced (plus more for garnish)
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Lettuce, for serving
- Small Buns, for serving
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir in herbs and spices: celery seed, old bay, lemon thyme and chives.
- Fold in lobster meat until the dressing mixture coats all of the lobster pieces; season well with cracked black pepper to taste and chill until ready to serve.
- To assemble the lobster rolls, divide the lobster mixure into 12 small buns filled with lettuce. Garnish with more fresh chives and cracked pepper to taste.
SHOP THE POST