I am feeling all of the fall flavors lately and finding ways to work the season’s best ingredients into every dish I make. This salad is bursting with those seasonal notes, combining roasted sweet potatoes, pepita-coated goat cheese bites, dried cranberries and a simple pumpkin vinaigrette made with pumpkin puree. The key to any good salad though is the base that it sits on – the greens! I build this harvest-inspired salad on Little Leaf Farms Red & Green Leaf Mix, which is grown locally in a greenhouse facility in Devens, Massachusetts!I’ve been learning about Little Leaf Farms in the process of writing this recipe, and am so on board with their sustainability efforts. From collecting rainwater to use in their hydroponic greenhouses to building greenhouses that maximize the efficiency of natural sunlight, they are bringing sustainable practices to every step of the farming process. And because they’re able to grow right here in New England, they’re reducing the distance our food has to travel and are bringing fresh, tasty lettuce to our area. It makes me so happy to be able to partner with them on a recipe like this, and highlight their delicious greens. The greens are so fresh and flavorful, acting as the perfect base for this sweet and savory dish. Get the full recipe for my Harvest salad below; it’s going to be a repeat on my dinner plan this season for simple and flavorful autumn meal!
- 1 Package of Little Leaf Farms Red & Green Leaf Mix
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, cubed into ½” pieces
- 4 oz. Goat Cheese
- 3 Tbsp. of Roasted Pepitas, plus more for garnishing
- 3 Tbsp. of Dried Cranberries
- 3 Tbsp. of Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Tbsp. of Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 Tbsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1.5 Tbsp. of Honey
- 1.5 Tbsp. of Honey Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange sweet potato cubes on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle lightly with olive and season with salt and pepper. Roast the sweet potatoes for about 20 minutes in the oven, tossing halfway through.
- While the sweet potatoes cook, prepare the dressing. In a bowl, vigorously whisk together pumpkin puree, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey and honey mustard; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the goat cheese and slice it into 6-8 pieces, rolling each slice into a ball. Roughly chop pepitas; roll each goat cheese ball in the pepitas to coat well.
- Divide Little Leaf Farms Red & Green Leaf Mix between 2-3 bowls and top each salad mixture with sweet potatoes, goat cheese balls, dried cranberries and extra pepitas, if desired.
- Season the salad with fresh cracked black pepper and serve with the creamy pumpkin vinaigrette.
Please note: This post was created in partnership with Little Leaf Farms. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site.