If there is one dessert that is essential in our house, it’s a classic Rice Krispy treat! We make them all year round and I’m always thinking of creative ways to dress them up with seasonal flair for the holidays. With Easter coming up, I thought I’d make a batch with my classic recipe and top them some wow-factor — crushed Cadbury mini eggs and cute little carrot sprinkles. They look so colorful and festive, and the chocolate addition on top is a winner for the taste buds. Get the full recipe below!
Mini Egg Easter Rice Krispy Treats.
- 5 Tbsp. of Salted Butter
- 7 Cups of Mini Marshmallows*
- ½ Tsp of Sea Salt
- 5 Cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- Cadbury Mini Eggs, roughly chopped
- Sprinkles, optional
- *mini marshmallows are a must, they melt more evenly than large marshmallows!
- Combine butter, mini marshmallows, and salt in a large pot over medium heat.
- Heat the mixture while stirring constantly until butter and marshmallows are melted and a smooth consistency.
- Remove from heat and fold in the Rice Krispies cereal until full incorporated into marshmallows.
- Press mixture into a rimmed sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Quickly before the Rice Krispy Treats cool, press Cadbury mini egg pieces into the treats and top with sprinkles if desired.
- Let the Rice Krispy Treats sit and solidify for at least an hour before cutting and serving.