So many of my favorite summer ingredients rely on pollination by honeybees. In fact, I designed my whole veggie garden this summer with attracting more bees in mind! My friends at The National Honey Board and Allrecipes Magazine challenged me to create a seasonal dish that highlights these pollinator-friendly ingredients and I tossed together this fresh salad of tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers, oranges, chives, and of course a honey-base vinaigrette. I think the bees would approve! Learn more at honey.com, check out the current issue of Allrecipes Magazine with my feature, and get the simple recipe below!
- 2 Large Tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- ½ Cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 1 Mandarin orange, halved
- 2 Tsp. Honey
- 1 Tsp. Champagne vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Chives, finely minced
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- On a large platter, arrange the tomato pieces, avocado cubes and cucumber slices.
- Take the mandarin orange and slice it in half; peel and cut one half into small slices and add them to the platter.
- Juice the other half of the orange into a small bowl, then add the honey, champagne vinegar, and olive oil. Whisk the ingredients together and then drizzle over the platter of tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers and oranges.
- Sprinkle finely minced chives over the dish and season well with salt and pepper.
Please note: This post was created in partnership with Allrecipes Magazine. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site.