So many of my favorite summer ingredients rely on pollination by honeybees. In fact, I designed my whole veggie garden this summer with attracting more bees in mind! My friends at The National Honey Board and Allrecipes Magazine challenged me to create a seasonal dish that highlights these pollinator-friendly ingredients and I tossed together this fresh salad of tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers, oranges, chives, and of course a honey-base vinaigrette. I think the bees would approve! Learn more at honey.com, check out the current issue of Allrecipes Magazine with my feature, and get the simple recipe below!
Summer Tomato Salad with Honey Orange Vinaigrette.
Serves: 4 Servings
- 2 Large Tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- ½ Cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 1 Mandarin orange, halved
- 2 Tsp. Honey
- 1 Tsp. Champagne vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Chives, finely minced
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- On a large platter, arrange the tomato pieces, avocado cubes and cucumber slices.
- Take the mandarin orange and slice it in half; peel and cut one half into small slices and add them to the platter.
- Juice the other half of the orange into a small bowl, then add the honey, champagne vinegar, and olive oil. Whisk the ingredients together and then drizzle over the platter of tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers and oranges.
- Sprinkle finely minced chives over the dish and season well with salt and pepper.
Please note: This post was created in partnership with Allrecipes Magazine. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site.