I sing my love of Little Leaf Farms from the rooftops, so I couldn’t be more excited to get my hands on the newest addition to their sustainably grown green line-up: Sweet Baby Butter Lettuce!!The new Sweet Baby Butter Leaf greens are sustainably grown in Little Leaf Farms’ state-of-the-art hydroponic greenhouse (located right here in MA!) – so it’s an ingredient I always feel great about buying. We eat so much of it, and I’m loving this new variety that has a sweet flavor and a tender yet crispy texture (the Little Leaf crisp is something I always hear readers rave about).The fresh new greens variety is so tasty, I hopped right on testing some new recipes to use it in. The new butter lettuce inspired this tasty, and extremely fast and easy weeknight dinner that I’ll be making on repeat this fall as we head into our back-to-school routine: Hoisin Ginger Turkey and Lettuce Bowls. The sweet hoisin sauce and bright garlic and ginger flavors in the turkey are a perfect complement to the sweet baby butter leaf greens – get the full recipe below!
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey (or Pork)
- ½ Yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger, finely minced
- 1 Large clove of garlic, finely minced
- ¼ Cup Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Little Leaf Farms Butter Lettuce
- Shredded Carrots
- Pickled Red Onions
- Finely Chopped Peanuts or Cashews, optional
- Drizzle sesame and olive oil in a large skillet and add the onion, ginger, and garlic. Cook until just beginning to soften, and then add the ground turkey. Cook until ground turkey is browned and cooked through.
- Stir in hoisin sauce and soy sauce, season with salt and pepper, cook until the turkey is coated, and the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Spoon the cooked hoisin turkey mixture into bowls filled with Little Leaf Farms Butter Lettuce. Top with shredded carrots, pickled red onions, and finely chopped nuts (optional).
Please note: This post was created in paid partnership with Little Leaf Farms. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site.