One of my finer skills in life is coming up with great excuses for mixing up a fancy cocktail, and with the Oscars coming up next Sunday, an awards show libation was just too easy of an excuse to pass up. I have been craving a drink that’s got a bit of a summer-y flavor to it, a Salty Dog, which combines some of my favorite flavors: sea salt and tangy grapefruit. With some IZZE sparkling grapefruit and a sprig of rosemary I think this is a cocktail I can easily enjoy all year round. Full recipe below, and cheers to great excuses for tasty cocktails!
- Coarse kosher salt
- Ice cubes
- ½ cup grapefruit vodka
- ½ cup IZZE sparkling grapefruit
- ¼ cup fresh grapefruit juice
- Rosemary and fresh grapefruit slices for garnishing
- Pour coarse salt onto small plate, and water into a second small shallow dish.
- Dip rims of 2 glasses into water first, and then gently dip rims into salt to coat.
- Fill glasses with ice cubes, and divide vodka, IZZE sparkling grapefruit, and fresh grapefruit juice between the two glasses and lightly stir to combine.
- Serve with fresh rosemary sprigs and grapefruit slices.
Please Note: This post was sponsored by IZZE; all images, ideas and content are my own.
SHOP THE POST