When I’m gathering snacks for a lazy Sunday at home I’ve tossed that pre-made pub cheese in my shopping basket on a few occasions, and it occurred to me how simple the stuff would be to make on my own with some fun mix-ins to create new flavors. I worked with Hidden Valley Ranch and Family Circle Magazine on a homemade version of pub cheese in the February issue on stands now, made with lots of sharp cheddar cheese and cream cheese. Fresh chives and Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix give the spreadable cheese dip a bright and tangy flavor that pairs well with rustic crackers and other game-day snacks. I highly encourage whipping up your own batch for Sunday Football viewing sessions! Full recipe below:
- 1 Tbsp of Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix
- ¼ cup of whole milk
- 2 Tbsp of worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup of minced chives, plus more for garnishing
- Cracked black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix, milk, and worcestershire sauce until fully incorporated. Let set for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, pulse cheddar, cream cheese, and ranch mixture until fully incorporated.
- Add in fresh cracked pepper, minced chives and pulse 5-8 more times to blend.
- Transfer pub cheese to a bowl and refrigerate for at least a half hour before serving.
- Garnish with minced chives, and serve with rustic crackers.
Please note: This post was sponsored in partnership with Hidden Valley and Family Circle, all opinions, images and recipes are my own (and yes, I ate that whole bowl of pub cheese).
If I could eat this every day, I would be a very happy man. Yum x100!!
Could you substitute buttermilk for the whole milk?
OH I bet you could and it would work — let me know if you try it!