I had such a good weekend — it was my birthday and I had the best time relaxing, celebrating with friends and family, and of course indulging in some birthday treats. I have been craving Thin Mints lately, some subliminal Girl Scout messaging must have seeped into my brain and sure enough the Girl Scouts were waiting at the top of the subway platform on my way home from work last week and the cookie gods had given me a sign that it was time for Thin Mints. Now serving a bowl of Girl Scout cookies would probably have been a welcomed dessert by my family that came over to celebrate my birthday, but you know I don’t roll that way. So I crushed up the cookies and layered them in glasses with brownies and whipped cream, the flavors melded together into a minty, chocolatey sweet treat — it was delicious! Full recipe below:
- Brownie Mix (prepare brownies as directed, but under-bake by 2-3 minutes)
- Homemade whipped cream (1 pint of heavy cream, 2-3 tbsp of confectioners sugar)
- Thin Mints
- Fresh mint leaves
- Prepare brownies as directed and remove the brownies from the oven 2-3 minutes before directed baking time. Set aside to cool.
- Whip heavy cream and powdered sugar together with a hand mixer until the texture holds soft peaks.
- Assemble the trifles in small glasses or mason jars: scoop a few spoonfuls of brownies in the bottom of the glass. Layer in a few spoonfuls of whipped cream and top with crushed thin mints. Add a final layer of whipped cream on top and finish with a full thin mint and pieces of fresh mint.
- Keep refrigerated until you're ready to serve.