I often throw together quick meals for dinner, little experiments, and forget to take the time to write down my recipe to share. It’s the extra-fast, throw-everything-in-a-pan, kind of meals that take me a few times to record, because I’m usually making them when I’m in a rush to get dinner on the table anyway! This is one of those recipes. I’ve made a few variations of this dish before it felt share-worthy, and when it came together this week I knew it was ready. It’s part stir-fry, part fried “rice” and it only takes one pan and about 20 minutes to get it on the table – my ideal weeknight meal! The key to this recipe is using a few convenient short-cuts to get your meal on the table fast! I chop up all of my raw veggies while I’m browning onions and the stir fry beef, then I toss them in the pan to cook while I’m microwaving frozen riced cauliflower. By the time things in the pan are cooking, and the cauliflower is warmed, everything just needs to be tossed in the pan with a stir-fry sauce to infuse it with flavor! I used Passage to Asia Korean BBQ stir fry sauce and love that it’s made with wholesome, all natural ingredients, and makes this recipe so easy. After everything is cooked, flavored, and ready to serve I finish the dish off with some sesame seeds, fresh scallions, and a little sriracha for the adult plates – YUM! Get the full recipe below:
- 2 Tbsp of Sesame Oil
- 1 Large Onion, diced
- 1 lb Stir Fry Beef
- ½ Red Pepper, Diced
- ½ Cup of Broccoli, Chopped
- ½ Cup of Mushrooms, Chopped
- ¼ Cup of Scallions, Diced (plus more for garnish)
- 1.5 Cups of Frozen Peas, Carrots, and Corn
- 1 Bag of Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- 2 Egg yolks
- Passage to Asia Korean BBQ Stir Fry Sauce
- Sesame Seeds and Sriracha, for serving (optional)
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onions.
- Add beef to the pan and brown it for about 3-4 minutes.
- Once onions and beef begin to brown, add vegetables to the pan: red pepper, broccoli, mushrooms, scallions, and frozen peas, carrots and corn.
- While the stir fry is cooking, microwave the frozen riced cauliflower according to package instructions.
- Create a well in the center of the pan, pushing the beef and veggies to the side. Pour the two egg yolks into the center and quickly cook the eggs, breaking them into small pieces.
- Fold the cooked cauliflower rice into the beef and veggie mixture, and add one package of the Passage to Asia Korean BBQ Stir Fry Sauce.
- Continue to cook until all of the ingredients are incorporated and hot; serve immediately with a garnish of sesame seeds, more fresh chopped scallions, and sriracha hot sauce (optional).
PS: If you’re feeling lucky after trying this easy recipe, enter for a chance to win a $50,000 Kitchen Makeover and other exciting prizes in the Passage Foods Kitchen Makeover Sweepstakes. Visit www.explorepassage.com for official rules and more details.
Please note: This post was sponsored by Passage Foods. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site!