My goal of sharing more Instant Pot recipes this year is going well (you can check out a few more in my Instant Pot recipe collection) and I have one more to add to the line-up: Green Chili Beef Tacos! Tacos are the most-requested dinner in our household, and even more so since we got a tortilla-maker kit for Christmas (they’re so delicious). I’m constantly brainstorming recipes that I can quickly throw in the Instant Pot and then walk away from until it’s time to put dinner on the table — these easy green chili tacos are one of those dishes.A few things I love about this dish: 1) you can use a really inexpensive stew meat for the shredded beef because it gets so tenderized in the cooking process, 2) it takes minimal ingredients — just a few spices, tomato paste and beef stock to create a sauce, and the green chilis, jalapeños and onions — to get a ton of flavor, 3) I can make a big batch and use the leftovers for easy lunches (it reheats really well!). If you’re making these for kids, or don’t love a ton of spice, you can leave the jalapeño out. Once the Instant Pot beeps, I know I have a few minutes to chop up some toppings and set the table, and dinner is ready! Get the full recipe below:
- Olive Oil
- 2 lbs. of Chuck Roast or Top Round Beef, cubed
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- 1 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 7 oz. Can of Chopped Green Chilies
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- ⅔ Cup of Beef Broth
- Drizzle olive oil in Instant Pot and set to sauté mode.
- Add cubed beef, diced onion and minced jalapenos to the Instant Pot and sauté for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add spices: garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and chili powder. Stir to coat the beef, then add chopped green chilies, tomato paste, and beef broth.
- Close the Instant Pot and set to high pressure for 40 minutes.
- After the beef is done, use a slotted spoon to remove the pieces and transfer to a bowl. Use two forks to shred the beef and add back in any liquid from the Instant Pot you need to coat the pieces with the sauce.
- Serve warm with tortillas and taco toppings of your choice.
SHOP THE POST