The fiesta-inspired recipes are rolling in this week and this is one of my favorites: Crispy Avocado “Fries” with a chipotle dipping sauce. I was testing this recipe recently while my brother was visiting and after the avocado fries came out of the oven we unintentionally shared the whole tray, hovering over the kitchen counter and going back for bite after bite. They’re addictive! A simple seasoned breading and a few minutes in the oven are all it takes to make these little bites; while they’re cooking I mixed up a dipping sauce with spicy chipotle adobo flavors, tart lime juice and sour cream to balance the heat. Make sure to serve these fiesta “fries” with a margarita, it’s the perfect pairing. Get the full recipe below:
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Egg
- 1.5 Cups of Panko Breadcrumbs
- ½ Tsp of Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp of Onion Powder
- ½ Tsp of Cumin
- ½ Tsp of Salt
- Cooking Spray
- ¼ Cup of Sour Cream
- 2 Tsp. of Chipotle Adobo Sauce
- ½ Lime, juiced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and slice the avocados into ½” thickness, then set up breading station. Whisk egg and a tablespoon of warm water in one bowl, in a second bowl combine panko breadcrumbs with spices and salt.
- Dip each slice of avocado into the egg wash and then roll in the seasoned bread crumbs, then transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat until all slices are breaded.
- Lightly spray the top of each avocado slice with cooking spray and bake in the 450 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Broil for the last minute to get a crispy finish.
- While the avocado slices are baking, make the dipping sauce by combining the sour cream, adobo sauce from chipotles and lime juice in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Serve the crispy avocado slices warm with the dipping sauce on the side.
SHOP THE POST