Oh gosh, I’m so sorry. I know we’re all trying to eat healthy in the new year, we’re sticking to our resolutions, and I’m here with the most delicious temptations to lure you over onto the dark side. The spinach-artichoke-dip-stuffed-garlic-knot-dark side. I’m right there with you –trying to be good, exercising, eating well-balanced meals. I just can’t help it though, my brain thinks up these delicious snacks and with the Super Bowl next weekend, I had to do it! I had to throw cream cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts, mozzarella and garlic into my food processor and mix it up into a savory filling for fluffy pizza dough bites, I had to brush melted butter and garlic on top, and I had to write it all down and share with you. Scroll down to get the full (delicious) recipe below, you’ve been warned!
- 1 lb. of Fresh Pizza Dough
- Cooking Spray
- 4oz Cream Cheese
- ½ Cup of Packed Frozen Spinach, thawed and excess moisture removed
- ½ Cup of Mozzarella, shredded
- ¼ Cup of Artichoke Hearts, drained of juices or oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, divided
- 1 Tbsp. of Butter, melted
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, combine cream cheese, spinach, mozzarella, artichoke hearts, and one clove of garlic; pulse until combined.
- Divide pizza dough into about 15 pieces and roll out each piece into a disc.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of the spinach-artichoke filling into each dough disc and loosely pinch the sides together before placing them in the prepared baking dish. Repeat until all pieces have been stuffed with the remaining spinach-artichoke mixture.
- Mince the remaining garlic clove and combine it with the melted butter; use a pastry brush to spread the melted butter and garlic over the top of the stuffed dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the filling is bubbling and the dough is cooked. Season with fresh ground black pepper before serving.
SHOP THE POST